As a homeowner, it’s important to ensure that your property is safe and secure. There are a number of safety checks you can carry out on a regular basis to ensure that everything is in working order. How often should you carry out these checks? And what do they involve?
Keep reading for answers to these questions and more.
What are electrical safety checks and why are they important for your home or business
Did you know that a safety check is an important part of owning a home or business? Though sometimes deemed unnecessary, safety checks can help to prevent disasters from happening for the following reasons:
- Electrical safety inspections are important to ensure the safety of your family and home
- An electrical safety inspection can identify potential fire hazards and prevent electrical fires from occurring
- Electrical safety inspections can also help you save money on your energy bills by identifying faulty wiring or appliances
- By having an electrical safety inspection, you can rest assured that your home is safe and sound
When it comes to electrical safety, the wiring in your home is one of the most important things that you need for protection.
How often should you have these done?
You’ll be required to regularly inspect and test the safety switches in your workplace, as well as specified electrical equipment. The requirements depend on what kind of work is being done with these items.
These electrical safety checks include:
- All light fixtures, sockets, and switches are in good condition.
- All wires have no signs of deterioration or wear-and-tear
- The circuit breakers operate properly while the fuse elements are installed appropriately for each device’s protection level (following international standards)
- Wiring is up-to-date so it can withstand current use
- All wires in a circuit are grouped together
- Proper insulation ensures there’s no risk of shorting out anywhere near wet areas or damp places where you don’t want any electricity shorting from its connection point – which would cause an unwanted shock if touched
We all know that one of the most important parts of any building is its electrical system. That’s why you should have a certified electrician to perform your PAT testing, which includes examining appliances and equipment for safety reasons as well as making sure there are no short circuits among other things.
What we have to say
When you call a licensed electrician, they will thoroughly inspect your home to ensure its safety. You should only use this service when major work needs to be done or if there are any concerns about the structural integrity of the building itself because even small problems can lead to big issues down the line.
Need someone to do this for you? We’re happy to help.
If you’re thinking about installing solar panels on your home, here are some things you need to know.
If you’re not sure whether your smoke alarms are compliant or not, then now is the time to check. Read on to learn more.
Here are some electrical maintenance tips on how to keep your Toowoomba warehouse safe when it comes to electricity.
Light bulbs are the most common household item in every home. They make up for about one-third of your energy bill. But are you aware that there are different types you can choose from?
Summer is the time to enjoy all things outdoors; however, its scorching temperatures can mean higher energy bills. But don’t fret, there are ways you can enjoy this season and save on your bills at the same time.
Test and tag is the process that checks the safety of electrical equipment, tools, and even portable appliances at workplaces. This also ensures compliance with the following legislation. Electrical Safety Regulation 2013 AS/NZ 3012 Electrical Installation -...
Electrical switchboards are the heart of the electrical operation of any home. However, they can become outdated especially with the growing electrical requirements of various families at home. Therefore, it’s important to know if it is already time for a switchboard...
Do you know that your lights have a significant effect on the aesthetics and ambience of your house? So, whether you’re renovating your home or planning a new build, here are our 7 tips that will help you on how to plan the right lighting for your home. ...
Spring cleaning has been a tradition if not a habit for most households in Queensland. So if you are also planning to do a spring clean soon, you might want to include these 5 electrical maintenance you can do by yourself. Test Your Smoke Detector Smoke...
Being a homeowner can be both exciting and frustrating at the same time. It is exciting because a house is one of the most expensive investments one can have; but it can also be frustrating because of the many things you have to attend to. Among those things that you...